Legal Technology Consulting
By embracing the future of law through the use of legal specific software, you can achieve new levels of operational efficiency, profitability and security for both your firm and your clients. But with so many variables to consider, and the vast amount of information and programs available, it can be an overwhelming and daunting task that can take up a lot of your time that could be better spent (and billed!) to other matters. A Legal Software Consultant has done the research, and is affiliated with several different software companies that can provide your firm with the solution that best fits its needs.
With 24 years of experience working both in law firms and remotely as a Virtual Legal Assistant, I understand law firms and the software programs they use to assist in their work flow. I can evaluate the current systems in place, look at what options are available to improve and meet any workflow goals, assist with the transition to your software solution, and provide any required training to use your selected software solution to it maximum benefit.
From a sole practitioner starting their own law firm, to a large law firm with multiple software programs that have been used for years, I can work with you to evaluate any current software programs in place, and provide recommendations to improve work flow and modernize your practice. I can meet with staff and lawyers to discuss current software used, daily tasks and workflow goals. Then, by assessing the areas of law that you practice, your workflow goals and a systematic review of how your existing platform attains those goals, I can determine where your current software programs are falling short in maximizing your efficiency, and make recommendations to improve productivity.
With so many software options available to law firms, and more being developed everyday, finding the right solution for your firm can be very time consuming and overwhelming. Because I am not employed by any specific software solution, I can objectively find the program that best fits your firm, whether that is an all-in-one practice management software, or specific SaaS software geared towards the area of law that you practice in primarily.
This includes demonstrations of practice management systems such as Clio and CosmoLex, as well as providing information about other practice management systems that you may request, or more specific SaaS programs for more specific areas of law.
I am a Certified Consultant with both CosmoLex and Clio
I am also affiliated with the following SaaS program:
My goal is deliver a solution specific to your situation, not a specific product
The task of migrating your current data from your current platform into your software solution can be an intimidating piece to this puzzle. I can assist you with implementing that transition and ensuring continuity of those files when migrated into the chosen software program. I will also assist with customizing your billing and invoicing, and tailoring the software solution to the needs of your specific practice.
The final piece to this puzzle is providing the required training for staff and lawyers to get the most of the new technology in place. From presentations geared towards the entire team to individualized support, including webinars to provide tips and techniques to maximize your daily workflow, I will provide an individualized program to empower your staff to achieve proficiency in the real-time application of their newly developed skills.
THE ADVANTAGES OF IMPLEMENTING CLOUD BASED PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE:
- Access your files anywhere, anytime – Why bring boxes of papers to Court when you can bring your tablet or even your phone and access every document you will need right at your fingertips. Access your calendar and book your next court date right in the courtroom instead of sending multiple letters post court appearance to find a convenient date.
- Reduce your IT costs – Cloud Based Practice Management is automatically updated to the newest version and the onus is taken off of the law firm to ensure data back ups are occurring regularly in the event of a system crash, as data is automatically backed up by the service provider.
- Improve security – With the constant threat of cyber attacks, why not implement Cloud Based Practice Management Software with built in SSL bank grade encryption and a secure client portal to share and collaborate on your important legal documents.
- Document automation – Prepare your legal documents with the click of a button with auto populated fields into your securely stored templates
- Simplify Communication – From emails, text messages, phone calls, faxes to letters, it has become increasingly difficult to manage these different methods of communication through your practice and maintain efficiency while doing so. An all-inclusive legal practice management software solution will effectively streamline these methods of communication for you and your client, allowing access to all methods of communication in one place, and allowing you to focus your time on other billable tasks.
- Software Integration – With multiple integrations with leading software products including Microsoft 365, Google Drive, LawPay, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and more being added regularly, you can ensure you are using your legal practice management software to its fullest potential and utilize software products that you are already using.
- All your software needs in one program – One log in gives you access anytime, anywhere to your calendar, tasks, document production to accounting needs, centralizing your law office software needs with an all-in-one Cloud Based Practice Management Software