My name is Angie Purves and I am the owner/operator of Advantage Virtual Services. After graduating from the Legal Assistant Program at Grant MacEwan College in 1996, I pursued a career as a Legal Assistant for the following 16 years working in various law firms cultivating a foundation of knowledge in various areas of law. In 2011, Advantage Virtual Services was founded to enable me to utilize the skills and knowledge I obtained during my career as a Legal Assistant to provide quality Virtual Legal Assistance from my home office.
During the eight years I have provided Virtual Legal Assistant services, I had the opportunity to use various software programs and platforms to allow me to work remotely, and in doing so, garnered a keen interest in the evolving world of legal technology. I began attending conferences and watching webinars to expand upon my knowledge, and am now pleased to offer consulting services in legal specific software options to help lawyers find the solutions they are seeking. I am a Certified Consultant with both Cosmolex and Clio, and also have knowledge of various other practice management software programs, as well as programs specific for a certain area of law. I am constantly striving to expand my knowledge of new software being developed to specifically assist the legal community. With over two decades of real-world experience in the legal industry together with the knowledge acquired in legal specific software programs, I can provide practical solutions to show you the advantages of having technology work with you. From planning to implementing to training, Advantage Virtual Services is your end to end solution to your legal technology needs.
I have attended the following courses and conferences to expand my knowledge in both legal assistance and legal technology:
- LESA: Dependant Adult Applications for Legal Support Staff
- LESA: Residential Real Estate for Legal Support Staff
- LESA: New Rules of Court
- LESA: Microsoft Outlook for Legal Users
- LESA: Getting the Most of out Microsoft Word
- LESA: Alberta Legal Technology Conference 2017 (Edmonton)
- LESA: Alberta Legal Technology Conference 2018 (Calgary)
- LESA: Legal Tech Solutions for Busy Law Practices (Calgary)
- Clio Cloud Conference (New Orleans)
- CosmoLex Partner Training Seminar at ABA TECHSHOW (Chicago)
- ABA TECHSHOW 2019 (Chicago)
- LESA: Alberta Legal Technology Conference 2019 (Edmonton)
Giving you the advantage
Whether it is a complete overhaul of your current software systems, providing virtual assistance to outsource your tasks and improve your billable time, or rebuilding precedents to increase your productivity, I am confident that working with Advantage Virtual Services will give you the competitive advantage and save you both time and money.